Thursday, January 24, 2013

Cards with meaning

Have you ever had a moment and creativity just struck you? I had that moment the other day while pondering a donation I had agreed to do. I heard about Laney Kate's Legacy from another military wife/crafter friend of mine and when I read the story I couldn't NOT do something. (You can read their story here. So I contacted the mom and offered to donate a card set for the auction they are having. After thinking about which stamp sets I have something just clicked...I had to combine two stamps from two completely different sets but I am in LOVE with the results. Here it is...

I think what I love about this card is that it could be used for so much! It's the remembrance ribbon with wings to signify that someone is now an angel. Change up the colors and it could be used for a boy, cancer, etc. It seems that almost every cause out there right now has a ribbon. I had some trouble figuring out which color was "supposed" to be for infant loss so I gave up and made it pink for sweet little Laney Kate. Text could be added to the bottom, etc. So many possibilities!

Materials:
White daisy cardstock cut 8" x 6" and scored at 4" to make a 4" x 6" card
2nd gen stamping on the background in Blush (stamp from April 2012 SOTM You Are...)
Ribbon stamped in Blush, outlined with Grey Flannel marker - Always Remember A1095
Wings stamped in Blush, outlined with Grey Flannel marker - Princess Wings C1502

No comments:

Post a Comment