Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Random Craftiness

Hi lovelies! This pregnancy is finally easing up on me a little and I'm getting a little more energy and motivation to actually accomplish things, amazing right? Right! So I could use that energy to clean the house and do laundry, orrrr craft! I've been choosing crafting maybe more than I should but it's more fun.
So the other night I was in my craft area and straightening up from a marathon of finishing up a custom order (future blog post on that coming soon!) and I got a little inspiration. There are a few birthdays coming up and I wanted to make some cards. I've been hoarding the Dotty for You paper from a special last year and figured I should start using it. Nobody can appreciate it just sitting in my paper box. I'm also waiting on our NEW products to arrive so I can start playing with them...so I figured why not? Here is what I came up with...


It's cute right? Very simple...but I think as you follow my work you will see that I am a pretty simplistic crafter. More is not always better from my perspective.

Here's what I used:
White daisy cardstock cut at 8" x 6" and scored in half to make the base
Dotty for You chevron cut at 5.5" x 2.5" and then cut along a chevron line
Cupcake is a stamp from Artiste Cricut collection (there is a cut that matches on the cartridge but I hand cut around the stamp for this one)
---stamped in Buttercup ink, outlined with Grey Wool marker, colored in with watercolor pencils, and added a few Bitty Sparkles
Sentiment is stamped from the same Artiste collection stamp set
---stamped in Tulip

No comments:

Post a Comment