Saturday, April 13, 2013

ABC's Blog Hop Letter H



 
Welcome to the Everything ABC's Blog Hop!

For this hop we will be featuring the letter H. This may be the name of a paper, a stamp set or an embellishment. Whatever the crafter has chosen as their H element will be featured in their post.

If you have just hopped onto my blog, please start at the beginning at Amber's blog ~ Scrapper's Therapy

If you came from Linda @ Scrappy Therapy then you're on the right track!

Welcome back to my blog! I've been on a little hiatus with family visiting from out of town and being sick/pregnant/blah in general....but I'm back!!! Yay :)
So I truly think that giving a handmade card is so much more preferable than going to the store and spending anywhere from $0.99-$5+ on a generic mass produced one. If you've made the card yourself, it shows the time and effort and thought you put into it. If you just aren't that crafty, then purchasing a handmade card helps a small business owner such as myself make a living for her and her family! Handmade is definitely the way to go!
With that being said, Mother's Day is coming up soon. Wouldn't you like to show your mother, wife, grandmother, daughter, or any other important mom in your life how much you care? I know I do! So I've been working on some Mother's Day cards for my own personal use as well as to put up in my brand new Etsy shop. Here is one that I made today:


It is using a fun technique called triple stamping. It takes a little bit of math to start, figuring out the proper dimensions for each piece so that you show off your stamping and add just a little bit of matting in between the layers. I personally cut my matting 1/4" total bigger than the next smallest piece of white, and my white a total of 1" bigger than the next smallest piece of matting. (Does that make sense? Hopefully I worded it right!). So the theory is that on each side I've got 1/2" of white to show off the stamping and about an 1/8" of matting separating the pieces.
For this card I used Hollyhock cardstock for my matting. The bottom layer of the flowers are stamped in Smoothie. The detail on the flowers, as well as the sentiment in the middle are stamped in Hollyhock. The leaves are stamped in Topiary. The flowers come from the Floral Happiness stamp of the month set. The sentiment comes from Perfect Fit - Mom. And the leaves come from Something Splendid.
Here are some other handmade mother's day cards I have made recently...




Your next stop on our Everything ABC'S blog Hop is Kathy @ Kathy's Creative Corner

Here is the complete lineup in case you get lost along the way:

1. Amber La Mons ~ Scrapper's Therapy
2. Lucy ~ Love 2 Create
3.  Shelly ~ Just One Piece
5. Shalana ~ Scrappin with Shalana
6. Linda-Scrappy Therapy
7. Alicia - Serene Scrapping
8. Kathy Johnson - Kathy's Creative Corner

3 comments:

  1. I forgot about Year Round Cheer. Thanks for sharing these great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everyone reads your opening paragraph. Handmade truly is the way to go. You make it look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete